• 威望0点
  • 贡献值0点
  • 好评度0点
  • 社区居民
阅读:7121回复:0

SeaMonkey Suite can use Firefox extensions, shocker

楼主#
更多 发布于:2006-07-02 13:04
BEATIFULLY STUBBORN coders who prefer the SeaMonkey web browser/mail/chat/HTML-editor suite, have managed to install Firefox extensions -including the popular GreaseMonkey scripting engine- into their beloved Mozilla reincarnation. If you can't convince them, hack it
"The major reason why I did not support the older mozilla is that extensions were required to provide all the installation/uninstallation code. Firefox totally revamped the extension stuff so that firefox itself takes care of everything. If seamonkey (doesn't) support it, I am not even going to head down that path" - Andy, Firefox extension developer, in response to an e-mail from this scribbler requesting he adds Mozilla/SeaMonkey support to his FF code.

While there are plenty of very nice and useful extensions developed for the orphan Mozilla web and email suite and its very alive successor, SeaMonkey 1.x browser, some extension developers are very... how could I describe it: dispassionate, indifferent, lackadaisical, negative, neutral, unconcerned, uncurious... withdrawn to say the least -when not outright hostile- to the idea of tweaking their Firefox only extensions so that these would also install and run in the Mozilla browser suite or its successor, SeaMonkey.

from inq

And so at last the beast fell and the unbelievers rejoiced.
But all was not lost, for from the ash rose a great bird.
The bird gazed down upon the unbelievers and cast fire
and thunder upon them.For the beast had been
reborn with its strength renewed, and the
followers of Mammon cowered in horror.

from The Book of Mozilla, 7:15
游客

返回顶部